- Last Updated on Friday, 04 October 2013 19:10
Go Far in FARGO! The 2011 Annual Meeting of the National Conference of Governor's Schools will be held October 6-8 in Fargo, North Dakota. The North Dakota Governor's School and North Dakota State University will host our annual meeting, focused on compieting our organization's history project.
- Use of the NDSU Group Decision Center to complete our History Project (you bring the history, and we’ll protect your work time to capture it for posterity!)
- Appetizers and Dinner at the lovely, historic Avalon Center followed by a tour of the Plains Art Museum.
- Tours of the historic Fargo Theatre and a demonstration of the Wurlitzer Organ followed by book readings by Marc de Celle, author of How Fargo of You.
- Wonderful food and fun shopping options in our lovely and pedestrian downtown Broadway district. (Elevated tunnels are comfy and warm if the weather is unseasonably cool, but our falls are typically wonderful in North Dakota)
Call for Presentations
Accommodations & Fees
Radisson Hotel (recently remodeled and lovely)
- 201 North 5th St. Fargo, ND 58102
- Phone: 701.232.7363, Fax: 701.232.8039
- Non-smoking double and non-smoking King Bed room rates of $82.00 /night (until 9/6/11)
Registration Fees of $120 per person provide:
- Credentials and conference materials
- Thursday dinner @ Avalon, Friday Breakfast & Lunch, Saturday Breakfast and Lunch.
- Conference Events Thursday through Saturday
If you haven’t explored www.studentuniverse.com and are employed by a university, you should check out their rates for airfare, they sometimes offer considerable savings.