- Last Updated on Thursday, 14 March 2013 00:03
Governor’s Schools of West Virginia
The State of West Virginia is proud to offer The Governor's Schools, which are residential summer sessions for academically and/or artistically talented students from across West Virginia. Consisting of three programs that take place every summer on the campuses of various state colleges and institutions of learning, the programs are based on the premise that West Virginia's youth must be provided with special opportunities for learning and personal development in order for them to realize their full potential.
Students apply for the Governor's School for Math and Science in either the seventh or eighth grade; they apply for the Governor's School for the Arts during their sophomore year; and they apply for the Governor's Honors Academy during their junior year.
- Hosts: West Virginia University, National Radio Astronomy Observatory (Math & Science)
- Length: 3 weeks or 4 weeks
- Focus: Interdisciplinary (Honors Academy), arts, STEM
- Website: www.govschools.wv.gov/Pages/default.aspx